Sunday, October 05, 2008

Snarlin' Sarah unleashed

As I just noted at greater length at Newshoggers, Sarah Palin reminds me very much of the pseudo-Christian ladies I used to deal with back in my Sunday School teacher days. You know the type. Sweet as Grade A maple syrup to your face and the worst kind of petty, mean gossips behind your back. That's Palin all the way, only she proudly flaunts her vapid vernacular on stage now and apparently her fan club is lapping it up. Apparently they will suck up any kind of sludge as long as it passes through the right shade of lipstick.

The campaign is apparently making her point man on dredging up the tired, thinly veiled racist slurs in a last desperate attempt to rev up the base for one more round of hating on liberals and their 'terrorist pals.' Palin is dutifully snarling out the requisite code words and clearly enjoying it.

Sells well to the base but I guess they'll buy anything, including a hockey mom who only drinks mocha lattes from Starbucks. Is it me, or wasn't Starbucks coffee the big sin of liberalism for the last eight years? And yet today she proudly misquotes a Starbucks coffee cup.
"I'm reading on my Starbucks mocha cup, ok? The quote of the day... It was Madeleine Albright, former Secretary of State [crowd boos] and UN ambassador. ... Now she said it, I didn't. She said, 'There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't support other women.'"
Actually, Albright didn't say that. The real quote is, "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't help other women."
Small difference but it underlines just how lazy she really is, that she can't even get a one sentence quote right. However, what really galls me is the suggestion that women should support her because of her gender. For one thing, it's so insultingly sexist it makes me gag and even more irritating is her smug co-option of Hillary's groundwork that allowed her shapely, unqualified derriere to sashay into an opportunity she has neither earned or deserves.

On the bright side, the latest polls seem to be showing that the electorate is wising up to the con job and only the base is buying the venom. [graphic h/t mikevotes]

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I dunno - I'm experience a new birth of slime the last few days: Obama went through school on terrorist money - the proof is that black people can't afford Harvard.

Obama's biography says he's a Muslim. Never mind that it doesn't.

Obama is a traitor because he was seen wearing a US Marine sweat shirt while playing basketball. That one just dumbfounds me.

Anyway, I've decided that respect in my community isn't worth selling out my integrity and I've begun to call the dumbass bigoted douchebags dumbass bigoted douchebags.

Guess I'm going to have to start carrying my little Colt Mustang .380 again.

5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

But Fogg, those people ARE the base. You're just unfortunate enough to live in a high density area. Glad to hear you're going to carry a gun though, if you intend to call them out.

5:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about pointing these folks to John McCain's abridged biography at Rolling Stone Magazine. Should get their blood pressure a little hotter still.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

4:48:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Ah, I'm really not going to start packing just yet.

Interesting article OM - is there really a real McCain?

8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

OM, I covered that when it came out but thanks for posting the link again.

Fogg, glad to hear you're not leaving just yet.

8:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home