Monday, September 08, 2008

You know you've been blogging too long...

When you start dreaming about other bloggers. I'm deep into sending out resumes this afternoon and still have a couple more to go, but just a quick post on the most bizarre dream I had last evening about Atrios.

It was weird. I hadn't meant to fall asleep. As regular readers know, I had an operation a few months ago that left me with numbness in my face. It improved initially but then sort of stalled for several weeks. In the last couple of days, I've had a sudden recovery. The numbness is about 90% gone but on the down side, I was experiencing some significant pain, so I took a half an Oxycotin. A couple of hours later, I forgot I took it and cracked a beer. I got about halfway through that and broke out into a hot sweat over my entire body. I mean I instantly soaked through my clothes.

So I went and laid down to wait for it to pass and drifted off to sleep. I dreamt that I was at Atrios' house with about a dozen other people. We were standing in front of three computers, talking to each other in the comment section of his blog, instead of directly speaking. Atrios was lying in a bed in the room.

At some point, someone said it was time to go home and we all started to leave but Atrios got up and asked me to stay. He took my hand and said he wanted to help me. He brought me into a dining room and put his arm around my shoulders and said he wanted to show me something. Just then, I woke up with a start, before I saw what it was. Now I guess I'll never know but it was a really vivid dream. The kind that sort of haunts you for a whole day afterwards.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

Those opiate dreams are just too freaky! I had some really bizarre dreams when on heavy painkillers after surgery. I definitely am in no danger of becoming a junkie.

10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Me neither Rocky, although the dream wasn't unpleasant it was so vivid, it was almost scary.

9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home