Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Caroline Kennedy for VP

When I read Michael Moore's open letter to Caroline Kennedy this morning, my first inclination was to laugh but the more I think about it, the better I like the idea. In many ways she would be perfect. I mean who doesn't love her?

As I said in my Detroit News post, she would negate the scary unknown factor among the older voters, take the wind of the complaints of the diehard Hillary crowd and present an extraordinarily difficult target for the GOP smear machine.

Plus, she would be a great foreign ambassador and such an unexpected pick would dominate the news cycle for a long time, perhaps even through the GOP covention. I wish she would consider taking Moore's advice, to "pull a Cheney." It could change everything.

[cross-posted to The Reaction]


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea for all the reasons Moore lists. Why not? In what ways would Biden or the others be better?

Because they are Washington insiders? Isn't that what we want to get away from?

5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The more I think about it, the more I like Brian.

10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home