Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When life interferes with blogging

By Libby

I'm kind of a mess this morning but I have a short take on yesterday's races at Newshoggers.

I was wondering what people were talking about when they kept making references to the Decemberists yesterday. It turns out they're a band who appeared as the "warm up group" for Obama's big rally in Oregon. Some people are spinning this for the high turnout there but it seems unlikely to me that a locally famous group would draw that big a crowd and even if they wre the draw, wouldn't they have gone home instead of staying around in the hot sun to hear Obama speak? I know I would have, if that was why the main reason I was there.

And speaking of lame spin, MoDo is at again but thank the Goddess we have Molly to translate the MoDodoisms. For myself, I haven't read MoDo in over a year. As Babs Bush might say, why should I trouble my beautiful mind with such ugliness.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Decemberists - the Dekabristy. Members of a failed military revolt against Tsar Nicholas I.

Not an auspicious name!

4:34:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ah. They're just kids looking for some revolutionary chic now that Che has been coopted by the fashionista and is no longer a symbol of rebellion.

6:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home