Sunday, May 04, 2008

That Old Time Rock 'n Roll II

expatbrian

In the comments to my post below, the highly cultured Captain Fogg mentioned that one of his favorite old "girl group" songs was Da Doo Ron Ron by the Crystals. I had already scoped out what was available from this great group on YouTube and had found this great up-to-date vid of La La Brooks, the original lead singer, doing that song.

I chose this because of the great audience response and it really shows that some of these very underrated and under paid singers had tremendous talent and still have what it takes.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Thanks, The original was far better though. The sax is weak, the vocal more lyrical and carefully pronounced and the tempo slowed.

As a matter of fact It makes me feel more like I'm in an elevator than in my old Austin Healey screaming west on Rte 22

10:11:00 AM  
Blogger expatbrian said...

Jeez, you old grumpy complainer. Actually, I like to see the old singers still at it. A few I've listened to have lost it but others are still strong. And of course, the video quality of the really old stuff is poor at best.

You could always help me post these great oldies you know. Nice to have a little break from the sickness that is the usual daily news.

10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Yeah, sometimes you have to settle for a less than perfect version if you want a YouTube but how amazing that we can get these videos at all really.

7:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home