Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reporting on the War II

by expatbrian

This scene plays out over and over again. Frightened and confused Iraqi civilians leaving their homes, fleeing not Al Quaeda, but the Americans. These soldiers do stop to listen but seem to not have a clue how to deal with these people.

Then listen while a marine explain why it is necessary to break down people’s doors in order to make them safe. I’m sure he is a good marine, but he is not the guy who should be out explaining policy to the Iraqi people.

While Bush keeps saying that if we pull out there will be a bloodbath, these people seem to be begging us to leave so the bloodbath will stop.



These people are scared to death of us. No wonder.

cross posted from World Gone Mad

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks so much for digging these up Brian. I haven't had time to watch them yet but I'm looking forward to catching up on reading this blog over the weekend. I'm sure I'll have more to say then.

9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

This has been such a remarkable and clear explanation of what we are doing wrong that I wish that our corporate media would incorporate it - and that people would somehow become rational enough to understand it.

Bravo

9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Now that I watched it, I almost wish that I hadn't. It's so heartbreaking and so senseless. All of it.

11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home