Friday, March 21, 2008

The good, the great and the funny

By Libby

I'm supposed to be off. I worked most of the day again instead. Just as well, because outside of this stunning display of on screen pique by Chris Wallace, there's almost no news. Watch the clip. It's really good. Wallace really lays into the Fox and Friends team. It was heartening. I expect he'll get in trouble for it.


Meanwhile, a lot of bloggers are doing introspective pieces about Iraq. If I was a younger woman, I would ask John Cole to marry me for writing this great post. I've been waiting a long time for a former war supporter to be that honest. Hell, I've been waiting all my life for a man who would be that unflichingly honest.

Finally, this post by PZ Meyers of Pharyngula is the funniest thing I've read in a very long time. Seriously, read the whole thing but here's the opening scene.
There is a rich, deep kind of irony that must be shared. I'm blogging this from the Apple store in the Mall of America, because I'm too amused to want to wait until I get back to my hotel room. I went to attend a screening of the creationist propaganda movie, Expelled, a few minutes ago. Well, I tried … but I was Expelled! It was kind of weird — I was standing in line, hadn't even gotten to the point where I had to sign in and show ID, and a policeman pulled me out of line and told me I could not go in. I asked why, of course, and he said that a producer of the film had specifically instructed him that I was not to be allowed to attend. The officer also told me that if I tried to go in, I would be arrested. I assured him that I wasn't going to cause any trouble.
That part is a little scary. The hilarious part is who they let into the movie. I don't blame PZ for finding the nearest computer to blog it. I'm still chuckling about it myself.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Well if Diogenes couldn't find an honest man, the odds are against you. None the less, we males do occasionally slip up and let the truth out, but honestly - what would the Christian underclass say if one of theirs was denied entrance to anything by virtue of his beliefs? We'd never hear the end of their wailing about persecution, the hypocritical bastards.

3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg, I suppose I should have qualified that with a single man. I do know some honest men already, a group that surely includes you, but they're all already taken. Hence my now apparently permanent state of spinsterhood.

I thought you might like the PZ Meyers link though. I was thinking of you when I posted it. The irony is delicious isn't it?

3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I've always liked the taste of Irony - when it's not at my expense, of course.

8:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home