Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dear John

By Libby


I haven't blogged much today because I got a email late last night telling me my only friend in this little town had died suddenly on Sunday. It wasn't entirely unexpected. He was in stage four cancer and the chemo had stopped working but we had dinner the week before and he looked great. He was in good spirits. I posted about it on my other blog saying it was hard to grasp that he was dying because he looked so good. Now he's gone. I'm sad but I can't cry. I wish I could. I think I would feel better and he deserves to be mourned with soul wrenching sobs.

I was going to call him to have lunch this week. I never got around to it. Now it's too late. I think I know what killed him so suddenly but I can't really talk about it yet. I've been thinking about him all afternoon though and I feel terrible that he died alone when I live so close by.

I'm glad I kissed him goodbye the last time I saw him. I rarely did that. But I really wish I had called him again one more time before he died. Rest in peace John. You were a good man.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol Gee said...

Dear Libby, I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to John tells me you were his good and dear friend. And you will cry when the time is right for you.
I send warm regards to my favorite assistant editor.
Carol

9:15:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Libby, please accept my condolences for the loss of your friend.

10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for your kind words.

11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home