Saturday, September 15, 2007

Snark of the day

By Libby

I'm getting off to a slow start today so while I kick my brain into gear and figure out what I feel like bitching about, here's a humorous op-ed that made me smile. I'm not sure whether the link is accessible without a subscription so I'm going to post the whole thing from old hometown paper. Andy Morris-Friedman envisions the future.
A show on C-SPAN about presidential libraries started me thinking what the George W. Bush Museum might be like. Here are some highlights you won't want to miss:

The Alberto Gonzales Room: Where you can't remember any of the exhibits.

The Hurricane Katrina Room: It's still under construction.

The Texas Air National Guard Room:You don't have to even show up.

The Walter Reed Hospital Room: Where they don't let you in.

The Guantanamo Bay Room: Where they don't let you out.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room: Nobody has been able to find it.

The War in Iraq Room: After your first tour is finished they can force you to go back to take a second and third.

The Dick Cheney Room: In an undisclosed location, you get to shoot someone in the face.

There will also be an entire floor devoted to a 7/8-scale model of the president's ego.

Check out the K-Street Project gift shop, where you can buy an election, or if no one cares, steal one. Don't forget to visit the men's room where you could meet a Republican senator.

To be fair, the president has done some good things, and so the museum will have an electron microscope so you can see them.

When asked, the president said that he didn't care so much about the individual exhibits as long as his museum was better then his father's.

Sounds about right to me.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger 5th Estate said...

Pretty damn funny!

I did a "bit" on this subject in March of last year--with pix!

href="http://at5thestate.blogspot.com/2006/03/best-presidential-library-ever.html"

5:59:00 PM  
Blogger 5th Estate said...

dammit!

http://at5thestate.blogspot.com/2006/03/best-presidential-library-ever.html

6:00:00 PM  
Blogger 5th Estate said...

dammit again. Well, at least I successfully added you to my blogroll.

6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL 5E. I'm going to add you to my blogroll today as well.

8:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home