Thursday, August 02, 2007

Rep. Pomeroy - don't bother me

By Libby

Media byte of the day is this confrontation between North Dakota’s U.S. Rep. Earl Pomeroy and a couple of activists from Grassroots America. He calls President Bush a “clown” and says he “can’t stand” him but nonetheless refuses to put impeachment on the table.

As a camera rolled, Pomeroy is shown to be clearly agitated by their questions.
“Most of the people I represent think that’s (impeachment) a horrible idea. I’m a Democrat, and I can’t stand this president, but I’m to represent the people that I represent and they are against impeaching the president,” Pomeroy said while pointing and waving his arms.

Agitated hardly covers it. The man was outright rude. Even his body language says how dare you annoying little people bother me?

Now frankly, I think the activists were a little too in his face themselves but nonetheless, a politician's job is to answer the public, no matter where the questions are asked. I think this guy personifies the whole entitlement problem with our political class. They've completely forgotten they work at our pleasure, not the other way around.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger repsac3 said...

It kinda reminds me of David Obey's little temper tantrum awhile back: YouTube - Marine Mom and Rep. Obey. We Share your frustration

I don't know that I agree with those who're selling impeachment--the jury deliberating in my head is still out--but congressmen do have to follow the Constitution, even if their voters might not approve. (I don't know where I stand on polling your voters to "decide" where you stand on an issue, either... On one hand, it is supposed to be representitive government, but on the other, a little personal integrity & a moral compass of one's own might be nice, as well.)

Verification word of the post: CSmcnafn

11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I remember that one too Rep.

8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home