Sunday, June 03, 2007

A sad day for Blogtopia

Maybe I'm the last to know he was even sick. The tributes are already pouring in but I heard it first from Kevin Hayden, who has a moving post on Steve Gillard's death. I'm sure there will be many more from those who knew him well and those like myself who barely knew him.

Blogtopia, like the world at large is really big place, so we all carve our little social circle out and Steve unfortunately was not in mine. But I read his work occassionally, admired it greatly and feel the loss of his voice even from this distance. Somehow it feels appropriate that it's raining here today for the first time in weeks. I believe even the universe is crying for a great blogger who at only 41 years old, was taken from us far too soon.

My condolences to his family and those who knew him well. Rest in peace Steve.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home