Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hey, It's Saturday

I just wanted to jump in and comment on what a great job Libby is doing with her posts. Wow, she is proudly carrying the torch of truth and justice. Me? I'm sitting here with a Yuengling lager watching the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway Park. Do I feel guilty? Why, no.

The truth be told, maybe a little, but I'll get over it. I'm going to go grill some burgers now, drink another Yuengling and then watch the end of the game. Keep up the good work Libby, someone has to.

Honey, where's that bottle opener?

Jim Martin
Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Jim. If I could get that game with my lame little basic cable package, I would have been doing the same, except I'd be having a Bud. I can't drink that Yuengling. For some reason it gives me a headache.

8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Budweiser? Reiner Katzenharn!

9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jim Martin said...

Well, captain, if you're going German then I prefer Spaten.

10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Das Schmeckt!

11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. You guys are too high class for me. I almost bought St. Pauli's Girl because it was on sale but then so was the Bud and at four dollars less a 12 pack - I couldn't pass up the bargain.

11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

In Chicago, where I come from, Budweiser might identify you as a Cubs fan, while a preference for Miller would give you more credibility with the south-siders. Since for several years I worked with the latter, I only drank Miller.

I've seen fights ensue from discussions of the relative merits of the two but although I don't give a hoot for baseball, I really can't stand Bud. Maybe it's because of my German ancestry or maybe it's because Bud schmeckt wie Katzenharn.

11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It's an acquired taste Fogg.

11:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home