Sunday, April 22, 2007

Things to read when you're avoiding reality

By Libby

I really hate moving. I was supposed to be packing last night but rather than face that odious chore, I did some very important reading. Here's a few random stops on my train of thought.

As I recall, there was a time when this would have been bigger news. But that was before the news stations went all tabloid on us.

It's true. I was reading my referral list to avoid packing. Google hit of the day: I was number one in some wishful thinker's search for "Paul Wolfowitz in jail."

I'm probably the only person in all of Blogtopia who has never heard of Phil Ringnalda but he appears to be the geek of my dreams. I followed this link and discovered Phil has invented a very cool new toy - Randomblog. You click the link and it takes you to a random recently updated blog. I don't understand how it works but it's addictive. Most useful for work avoidance.

This is bizzare. One wrong word and we'll ban you? What good is free muni-wi-fi if they censor the sites you can reach? This reminds me of the time I tried to post to my drug war policy blog and found out it was blocked by the public library's filter system. It's a weird feeling to be banned. You're not sure whether you should be pissed or secretly proud.

Speaking of secrets, whenever I remember to visit Postsecret I want to send in a postcard but I don't have any secrets. I'm an open book. I blog everything. Would it be bad of me to make one up?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is bizzare. One wrong word and we'll ban you?

I found this article to be particularly odd. I mean...what is it about cities that they install municiple wi-fi and then immediately move to make it useless. Here in Babylon by the Bay, the system they're considering will have so little bandwidth you'd be better off warriding any other connection you can find.

12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't get it myself. I haven't actually used any muni-wi-fi myself and had no idea it was a problem. I just assumed they would offer an reasonably useful service. Hard to see how they justify the cost if it's not really an open system.

12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home