Sunday, April 15, 2007

Paying Lip Service To Great Sacrifice

Today on Face The Nation Dick Cheney showed America the face of evil incompetence. He makes the statement that the democrats will not deliver a bill to Uncurious George that contains a timeline for troop redeployment.
"They will not leave the troops in the field without the resources they need," Cheney said of the Democrats
No, that's the job of the republicans and the incompetent Bush Administration of which Cheney is the power behind the throne. The soldiers on the ground have suffered for four years without equipment, training or leadership either here or on the ground there. When they come home wounded from the lack of training, equipment or leadership their treatment is a disgrace and can only be blamed on the republicans and the Commander-in-Chief.

Bush and his gang have tried to run this war without anyone in this country making a sacrifice.

And no one has except the one percent that makes up the military and they have had to sacrifice way too much.
"I do believe we can win in Iraq," he said. "I think it is a worthy cause. I think it's absolutely essential that we prevail."
If our troops do prevail in Iraq it won't be because of Cheney, but in spite of this smug, grinning, evil man.

Jim M

Title changed by Jim M to properly reflect content of post.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Pete Abel said...

You might want to revise that title to Current Administration=Incompetent. As a moderate Republican, who has no love for the current administration, I'm more than willing to acknowledge its lack of aptitude, but can't accept that judgment for entire party or all members of it. That charge is simply inaccurate and unfair.

6:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Martin said...

Pete
The republican congress over the last six plus years have enabled this incompetence with no oversight. Not the whole party?
Maybe, but certainly the large majority of it.
You give out a blank check, you have to pay when it's cashed.

6:33:00 PM  
Blogger Pete Abel said...

Jim,

I'll take some responsibility here, as I did when Shaun Mullen (Kiko's House)asked me where Republicans like me had been for the last 6-plus years. Like I told him, I couldn't speak for others, but for me it was a matter of "myopic apathy." I couldn't see beyond my little corner of the world and didn't care.

But now I do, and there are many more Republicans like me rising up to protest the current direction this administration and the previous R majority have taken us. Too little to late? Fair enough. But we are going to change things and I look forward to the day when you can write a post praising the new GOP.

9:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Martin said...

Pete
I too look forward to it. I was once pretty much down the center of the road, but Bush and Cheney swerved so far to the right I couldn't keep up. There have been too many years of ugly chest thumping by the right wing followed by the accusation that anyone that disagreed with them was somehow un-American.
This uber-patriotism was backed up by many years of gross imcompetence in Iraq and here at home.
I call it the way I see it.

10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home