Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The price you pay

Libby Spencer

I don't know why 'real" journalists feel so superior to us lowly bloggers when they ask questions like this at pressers, and I surely don't understand why it's a major headline. I mean -- newsflash -- Rudy doesn't know the price of milk and bread. So what? Neither do half the married men in America. Hell, I don't know the price of a gallon of milk since I don't drink it myself. Don't you think the reporter could have used his time for something a little more substantive?

I find this story to be a sad commentary on the dumbing down of our political discourse and the degradation of the whole election process. Unfortunately, there's probably all too many voters who find this story more interesting than Rudy's views on substantial issues. The story gets play for the same reason Anna Nicole dominated the news cycle for weeks. Fluff sells. Substance doesn't.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

Fluff sells. Substance doesn't.

No wonder hardly anyone reads my blog. I should do a story on Anne Nicole Smith.

2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Praguetwin. It doesn't hurt to post pictures of half naked women either. And a sure fire hit grabber is to use the word tits in your headings.

3:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home