Friday, April 13, 2007

I get around...

It may look like I'm slacking here since Jim agreed to come on board, but I have been madly posting all over Blogtopia. In fact, if I linked to every single thing I write, I would look pretty damn prolific. But I do have a few posts up that are worth a click over if you just can't get enough of my blogviating.

I have one I like a lot at Newshog on the surge strategy. I ususally ignore Chuckie Krauthammer, but he got me going this morning and that post ends with an amusing story about the time I got lost in Sevilla, Spain.

I've got a couple of good ones at the Detroit News as well. I took on fraud of voting fraud. The DoJ civil rights division has become a national disgrace. They've been pursuing penny ante voting fraud cases against individual Democrats in between trying to indict major Dems just before elections. As I said over there, "There's a difference between enforcing policy priorities and outright politicalization of the process. The Bush administration crossed that line a long time ago."

I've been doing my health care posts at DetNews as well. I'm flogging that issue to my readership over there, mainly because they're the demographic we need to reach if we're going to have a serious debate about it. Frankly, I don't know what the right answer is on this, but I know we don't have it now. As I said, "It's clear with our mortality rates and the fact that 40 million Americans are uninsured that we could do better. It seems difficult to believe we could do worse by trying something new."

And if you're interested in the war on some drugs, I've actually been posting some news at Last One Speaks. A kind reader sent me a link to the funniest drug bust I've heard of in a while. Actually there were two funny busts, a Germ got arrested for soap possession at a traffic stop as well. And you might be interested in knowing that meth now comes in flavors.

Meanwhile, London Bridge did not fall down. It's alive and well and living in Arizona.

Libby Spencer

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Martin said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. It's about time you got to work. What a slacker.

9:05:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Jim. I couldn't slack without you.

9:25:00 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Was down in Havasu to kayak the river through a refuge. The bridge was underwhelming to the max; it's not worth the effort to go see unless you really have a jones for that sort of thing. And by the way, Havasu is a HELLISHLY hot place.

1:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for THAT road trip! LOL

1:55:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Nolo. You're never going to a job writing promos for them. I do really love bridges but I didn't love Arizona so I probably never would visit it, but I like knowing it's there. I find it amusing that the London Bridge is in Arizona.

7:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home