Sunday, April 01, 2007

Blogrolls - purges and surges

I've already posted on the purges but the subject has come up again and others have weighed in much more eloquently so I'll send you to Cernig and David Schraub, who posted in response to Terrence, who was late in coming to the debate but adds a really thoughtful post to the discussion.

The whole thing reminded me of my theory that lateral linking between the B-listers could significantly change the current dynamic in Blogtopia that seems to be increasingly stratified and also reminded me that I'm too long remiss in adding some blogs to my own rolls. I can't possibly add them all at once because I'm just too slow at coding but now that I still have a couple of weeks off, I want to at least try to make a dent in my good intentions. I hope this is a first surge of many in my additions.

So without futher ado, and please forgive the lack of explanatory text, I'm just going to give the list in no particular order and encourage you to visit these fine bloggers for yourself.

Michael Tubthumper
Fetch Me My Axe
Lost in the Rain in Juarez
State of the Day
Xsociate Files
The Democratic Daily
Divided We Stand...
The Gun Toting Liberal
The Populist
Kiko's House
Central Sanity

Some of these are my new friends at The Reaction, some are new friends I've made at The Moderate Voice and some I've just met, but all have been kind enough to show me support with links so let me say thanks to all of you and sorry this has taken so long. All except Shaun Mullen and Pete Abel, whom I'm putting into the swingers category, are going into left voices, so if you think you're in the wrong category, please let me know.

For those of you I've missed, and I've just discovered that the technorati thingy on my blog will actually tell me who is linking, I'll be getting to you but if you want to get bumped up to sooner than later, the next two weeks is the time to let me know before I get distracted by my crazy life outside the internets again. Hard to believe, but I do still have one of sorts.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

11 Comments:

Blogger belledame222 said...

cheers! will check out some of the other links.

my problem is i have way too many more links than i can possibly do justice to already...

5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That is the problem Belle. Mine is already so long that I can barely make to them very often and still blog. I am however convinced that the linking thing is an important part of keeping Blogtopia democratic and prevent it from turning into one more elitist oligarchy.

Even if you don't visit them, the permalinks help in the rankings and that's important in getting onto the aggregators. I think the thing is to make sure as many voices as possible get to be heard.

6:22:00 PM  
Blogger The Xsociate said...

Thanks for recommending and adding The Xsociate Files. You just made my Associates list ;)

5:44:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

My pleasure Xsociate and thanks for the link.

9:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shiachat has added a blog, but it's probably pretty stupid. the radio show was disspointing as well. all they asked were questions about jihad and Iran and stuff. She had said before that she wasn't that interested in poltics and probably couldn't help them but they asked anyway, totally ignoring all the other possible topics, like social issues where they probably would have found a bit of common ground. it wasn't horrible, but not all that informative.

1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm sorry the radio show didn't go as well as you had hoped Lester, but as I recall you didn't have high expectations it would work.

2:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it didn't fail the way I wanted it to

2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'd love to hear how you wanted it to fail but I'm sorry it didn't work out anyway. I know you put some time into arranging it.

3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You're welcome Matt.

10:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me that small bloggers don't do what we do at TMV: we try to do blog roundups at the end of posts, we have features like "around the blogosphere" and "center of attention" andsoforth. Those type of links are much more valuable than a link in a blogroll.

If smaller blogs want to grow, they have to link to each other.

The big blogs get by just fine... Link to each other

And guess what, once you start linking to people, they start linking back.

8:13:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Michael. I don't know how I missed this comment. You're absolutely right and I really admire TMV's policy on giving smaller bloggers a hand up. You guys are probably the nicest big blog in Blogtopia.

8:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home