Thursday, March 01, 2007

Esmay nixes Islamophobes

Via Michael van der Galien, who was kind enough to link to me today, comes this news. Dean Esmay has kicked out the Islamophobes from his world.

I'm not one for closing the debate but I love it. There comes a time when even a First Amendment advocate has to say enough of the incivility. If a commenter can't contribute anything but irrational bile and hateful fearmongering then who needs it? Heck I loved the post so much that I almost took the time to register just so I could thank him.

The comments are revealing of the whole mindset he's looking to eject. I just hope he wasn't kidding. If he's a serious, it's a huge step forward for civilized debate.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Libby: it's not just directed to commenters - he was also talking to front pagers / contributors. Two of them have quit.

3:17:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I did notice that Michael, I just didn't make it clear I guess. I kind of lumped contributors and commenters in the same category. I don't really understand how Dean's blog works. I don't usually read it.

6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home