Monday, March 26, 2007

Attorney purge surges forward

In the latest wrinkle to the Attorney Purge Scandal, Gonzales' top aide will be taking the Fifth on the advice of her attorney. The good news, for those of you who tire of these posts is that I've posted on it to the Detroit News blog, where it appears I'm about to engage in yet another blog spat with Henry Payne, so I'm not going to talk about it here tonight except to give you what I thought was my best quote.
Furthermore, the culture of deceit that Gonzales planted has spread throughout the entire Justice Department and the rats are racing from the stinking cesspool of deception. His top aide, on the advice of her lawyer, is refusing to testify and will take the Fifth rather than incriminate herself. It appears her superiors are looking for a scapegoat for their own criminally false testimony.

Okay, so it's not the best thing I've ever written. I might have come up with a better analogy if I didn't just come off 8 days of work without a break but I am fond of the stinking cesspool of deception imagery. I may use that one again someday.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bush is like "hey I'm a communist, I'm interested in loyalty not quality. you knew that when you elected me TWICE"

8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ripper - always a pleasure to get these links.

Lester - I don't know about the communist part, but Bush is certainly only interested in loyalty and not competency.

9:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home