Thursday, January 18, 2007

Starting gun sounds for 08

Actually I think they really popped the starting pistol in 05 for this campaign but the season is now officially open with the early declarations of candidacy. Steve Clemons likes Hagel for 08 and at the least wants to keep him in the Senate. I like Hagel lately myself, but I don't know much about his overall record and I'm rooting for Ron Paul right now in the GOP presidential sweepstakes mayself.

I was thinking today if I got my wish and the GOP ran Ron Paul and the Democratic Party ran Webb-Tester, it would like the Mets-Red Sox matchup in the World Series all over again. I wouldn't know who to root for because I'm a fan of both teams. Then again, either outcome in an election would make me feel like a winner.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

"Then again, either outcome in an election would make me feel like a winner."
How sad that that's become such a distant, unlikely concept.

1:03:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Indeed Nolo. For the last several cycles I've felt like either way was a loss...

3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Senator Hagel has a conservative voting record (perhaps even libertarian leaning on economic/fiscal issues). You can learn more about his ratings by organizations here.

5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the link Charlie. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home