Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The memo that roared

Hah. It's like I told my friend Sarah yesterday. The memo will be the Bush administration's undoing. No, not the Downing St. Memo. The highly classified State Department memo that circulated among the inner circle on Air Force One during their "let's see if we can make the Niger yellowcake fiction stick" trip to Africa shortly before Novak published the story that outed Valerie Plame.

The State Department wasn't buying the lie either and was urging the administration to back down from their spurious claim. Kind of makes the right wing noise machine's frantic assertions that Wilson was wrong, all the more pathetic and the Downing Street Minutes all the more credible, don't you think?
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Steven M. Couch said...

Libby,

Fair is fair. I'll admit it.

I have been consistent from the beginning that the Downing Street Memo was inadequate as a "smoking gun" and that further corroboration was needed.

In light of this reported State Department memo, while I am not yet ready to join the "Bush Lied" chorus from across the aisle, my attention is piqued. Though I want to wait and see what more comes of this, I will acknowledge for now that this is closer the sort of evidence I have been holding out for.

12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven I almost have tears in my eyes. I've waited a long time to hear you say that.

Thanks for posting it.

12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home